Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I always said...

I wouldn't be one of those new moms who ended up getting ready sometime in the afternoon. I had these great plans that I would wake up at the crack of dawn before my dear sweet hubby went to work and get ready for the day.

And while I would still love to have that ability...when the crack of dawn rolls around, I just want to take that opportunity to sleep a little if LBB (Little Boy Blue) is sleeping. After all, those 5 hours of sleep I get a night, (including that 4 am feeding) aren't sufficient enough for me to function like I could before! I've heard all the advice about taking a nap when baby takes a nap, but LBB doesn't seem to like to sleep during the day. He would much rather prefer forcing himself to stay awake, even when his eyes are almost shut. I do believe I've given birth to the energizer bunny. :)

So, for now, I am one of those Moms who for the most part gets ready for the day sometime in the afternoon. Usually when my dear sweet hubby gets home for lunch...

But, I don't expect it to last long. Only until we really get settled into a routine....until then, I'm going to savor the lazy mornings when we both stay in our pj's and cuddle. That, my dear reader friend, is pure happiness!

1 comment:

  1. It won't last forever. I got ready for the day when Ben came home for lunch for about 3 months. After that, Joel started sleeping through the night, and we got into more of a schedule. Until then...we usually cuddled and slept until lunchtime! Enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm glad you stopped by a for a bit! Feel free to leave a comment...I always love to hear from my readers!