Wednesday, February 24, 2010

CLASS IS BACK IN SESSION

For Mommyhood 101, that is.

More lessons learned:

  1. Sometimes the things I was adamently against before LBB was born fall to the wayside...for now. Take, for example, TV. I swore LBB wouldn't watch a lick of tv until he was a toddler. However, I wasn't prepared for his adament love of the Olympics. Especially curling. Go figure.
  2. Letting LBB cry himself to sleep is hard. And I'm not sure who it is harder for...me or him. I know he needs a nap. He knows he needs a nap. I think he needs to fall asleep in his crib. He really disagrees and would rather be held. But at the rate he is growing, I know that I can't rock him to sleep forever! But golly, I sure do hate hearing him cry. And how do you know when to pick him up and when he should be left alone. I feel like the world's most horrible mommy when he cries and I let him lay there.
  3. I always bought adorable outfits for LBB when I was preggers with him. Cute little button up shirts and adorable little pants. Then I had LBB. And I realized that, while those are perfect for two hours at church, nothing makes LBB and me happier than a comfy, cute onesie and some knit pants. Or even a cute little sleeper. Oy.

Class dismissed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you stopped by a for a bit! Feel free to leave a comment...I always love to hear from my readers!