Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My little monkey...


LBB loves to climb. He loves to swing. He loves to hang upside down.

And he LOVES bananas.

Ever since the day we first introduced them all pureed and in a jar, he couldn't get enough of them. He eats banana cookies. Banana puffs. Banana Pudding. And...his favorite of all?

A banana cut up into bite size pieces.

Every.
Single.
Day.

I'm not joking...this has become a staple in our lunchtime preparation. If he doesn't get a banana, you can tell he is frustrated. It's funny, because two weeks ago, we had bananas in the house on occasion, and usually I swiped them and froze them for baking before anyone else could get to them. :) Now, it's a whole different story. I know that from this point until LBB grows out of his banana craze, I will always have to have a bunch of Bananas.

The plus? At 19 cents a banana, that is one snack I can enthusiastically feed LBB...that and the fact that it is super healthy while he thinks it is super sweet. All I can say is that I've hit the jackpot. :) The banana jackpot, that is.

2 comments:

  1. I eat about two bananas a day (for breakfast I always have wheat toast with pb, bananas and a drizzle of honey).
    When I was kid, my grandma would slice one up, arrange it on a plate and put colored sprinkles on top for dessert! My dad would cut them up, throw them in a bowl, mix em with cream and sprinkle powdered sugar on top (not healthy at al).
    I am glad he loves them so much (most convient food ever).
    Heather Dunbar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the sprinkle idea!!! Whata fun idea that may be sometime this week for dessert!!! :) And yeah...definitely the MOST convenient food. Peel. Cut. Serve. Done. :) And always guarantees at least 10 minutes of time for me to get some stuff done in the kitchen while he snacks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm glad you stopped by a for a bit! Feel free to leave a comment...I always love to hear from my readers!