...pictures of LBB's preschool area! Before you read any farther though, make sure you read
THIS post first, mostly because I didn't plan tonight's posts very well. Haha!
And since I really didn't plan very well...the pictures are kind of in the opposite order I would have liked. However, my computer doesn't seem to like me much tonight, so I'm just going to take what I can get. :)

First picture is LBB's Work Tray. We haven't technically started LBB's preschool yet, but everyday is a learning day, and right now we are working on beginning letters. LBB knows A pretty down pat, but we still did the Letter A this week...and are moving onto B next week. His tray for this week includes everything that has to do with A. :) And he loves it, which means that at least 3 times a day I see an apple roll across the floor as he pulls the tray off the shelf.

LBB's reading area. We originally had that adorable Pottery Barn Kids basket in his room, but his room has since been rearranged and things were moved out here. It's been a rearranging kind of week. The rocking chair was made by my grandpa for me when I was little, and I passed it down to LBB...with a new cushion that is the cutest little book print on it.

And LBB's preschool book bin that is over by his desk. We put all the books that have to do with both the letter of the week and theme of the week in this bin. :) It makes me happy because it reminds me of when the library does their theme shelves.

And LBB's chalkboard/dry erase easel...he loves this thing. And you can tell he is definitely from our gene pool because he is already showing an affinity for the chalkboard side. Dear Sweet Hubby and I both love chalkboards. We make sure we put a the day up each day, and usually draw a picture for him with the word. He loves going over and trying to draw it himself. So cute.

Some of his tactile toys! He already
loves this corner.

His book corner, along with his bulletin board, more tactile toys, and my old childhood bear who is in "charge" of watching over the preschool area.

The main part of our preschool room. We split the living room in half to make a special spot just for it, and I love how it turned out! And I love the alphabet puzzle mat...it really makes the room complete. On top of the main shelf unit we have 3 bins that hold LBB's chalk, clay, and letter blocks. It also holds his work tray and more tactile tools. I also love the little poster we picked up at the local teacher's supply store that is about colors. :) And the bulletin board is a work in progress...I ran out of staples.

And last, but definitely not least, LBB's desk area with his Letter of the Week learning board, puzzle shelf, theme book bin, and magnetic boards. He loves his little desk, and it is just perfect for him!
Thanks for stopping by for a little tour of LBB's preschool room. We are so blessed that we were able to make space for it in our tiny little apartment...but hopefully that is an encouragement. If we can utilize this little area of our 1000 square foot apartment with NO extra rooms, then I hope it helps anyone that is looking for ideas to utilize every inch of their space, as well! It's a challenge sometimes, but all in all, it's so well organized for our family that it stays very clean, especially considering that it's intended for a very active and rambunctious toddler!
Halfway through reading this I started thinking that you have really utilized your space and that you could give out tips....and then you did. :)
ReplyDeleteYou're going to have a smartie pants on your hands!
Thanks Heather!!!! :) We definitely squeezed as much as we could in there without it being overwhelming. We're going to be here for a while, so we might as well make it work perfectly for us! (And thanks for the comment about LBB...so sweet!)
ReplyDelete