Saturday, April 28, 2012

His New Obsession

LBB is a boy of obsessions.

He's obessed with trains, tractors, and construction equipment.

He knows what he loves, and he has no problem taking his love to the next level. :)

But we have a new obsession.

Slippers.


He's always been partial to slippers. But, after his trip to the ER (which was accompanied by his puppy slippers), he's been inseparable from his slippers. Thankfully he has 3 pairs, because he does not want to wear shoes. At all.

In the past 3 days, he's worn shoes once...and that was a quick trip to the store, and it was a fight to get him to wear the shoes.

On his guy's night out with Dear Sweet Hubby yesterday, LBB wouldn't even let shoes be an option. So, he wore his Cars slippers out. Dear Sweet Hubby and I have decided that this is not a quirk that we feel is troublesome, so we don't fight him on it.

Sure, we may be giving in. But in the realm of things, him wanting to wear slippers at age 2? Not a big deal. :) So we let him wear them. He wears them in the morning. He wears them out. He wears them in the evening. He wears them to bed. And, if I am stealthy enough when we check on him, I am able to slide them off his little feet.

Do your kids have any quirky little obsessions?



2 comments:

  1. Cute!! Slippers are a cute cozy obsession. I don't blame him for wanting to wear them all the time:) let's see. Right now Elijah is obsessed with Tintin comics. And defending his sisters from a bad guy of his own creation, Boppity Doh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too funny, Julia! :) We finally convinced LBB to give up his slippers for a new pair of Crocs (basically slippers, but acceptable for playing outside.) LOL. He LOVES them. :) And we love that we can go out of the house now and our toddler has shoes on his feet.

      Delete

Hi! I'm glad you stopped by a for a bit! Feel free to leave a comment...I always love to hear from my readers!